OC Mom of 2 amazing kids & 2 furbabies! Inspired to keep positive, cook, travel, be adventurous & have fun doing it all.
I love to keep up with and share all activities, Autism friendly, educational and social things to do in OC & beyond. So let's get OnTheGo !
Tips & Must Do's at Knott's Berry Farm Boysenberry Festival
Are You Ready For Knott's Berry Farm's Boysenberry Festival?
Enjoy 3 Weeks of Boysenberry Inspired Eats, Drinks, Entertainment and more!
From now until April 23rd Knott's Boysenberry Festival is coming in Berry Fierce and we are grateful to have had a taste of all the festivities last weekend. Thanks Knot's!
Wait what is a Boysenberry? Three Berries are crossed to make the Boysenberry... Do you know what they are? The Loganberry, Blackberry and Raspberry! Yummy.
We have some must do's, tips & can't miss highlights of the Boysenberry Festival for you...
*I wanted to note that IF YOU ARE A PASHOLDER - take it slow, go for just the festivities and don't try to ride any rides. Return for the rides another day and get the new Snoopy's Boysenberry Jamboree Show in!*
Since there is so much to do, see and taste... let's get right into it!
* Purchase the taste card and share. Then select the extra items you want to try and share those too. You will get full doing this! $25 per taste card for 6 Tastes.
There are over 70 items in the Boysenberry line up and new eats to try too. The list is huge.
* Go early and prepare to stay all day. Not only do you snack a lot at the Boysenberry Festival but you need to give yourself some time to get thru the lines and eat. Open from 10am to 10pm, plenty of time to go all day. Some but not all of the tasty treats are...
* Great for dates, friends day out, family and all.
Here's the thing... if you go as a family I would suggest either splitting up (perfect for those with passes) or stay as a family and do the rides you'd like first and last part of the day with the tastings towards timing of 2 to 4 in the afternoon.
We found that timing to be best for shorter lines to taste. I would look at this as a trip to Knott's to enjoy what Mr. Knott first started out with... a Berry Farm and enjoy!
* Beer and Wine. Hello over 21ers! This is a must. Get a tasting card and enjoy the seating indoor or outdoor while you get flavorful drinks. Yum! The tasting card comes with light bites of cheese fruit and crackers. Perfect pairing.
* BerryTasty and Berrytastic! Everything from food, drinks and we'll we can't leave out sweets
...but did you know that there is also Boysenberry Festival Merchandise?! I know right.. it's so cute too and only available until April 23rd.
* Photo Opportunities... there are so many cute stops and photo opps.
We totally suggest the entrance of course but walk around and find special décor that jumps out to you and snap a pic.
Join in on social fun with #boysenberryfestival & #knotts .
Don't forget to get your photo with the Easter Beagle himself!!
* Shows and Music... there is a lot to see and do. With the festival themed shows and music throughout the parks you really do have to time it right to catch a few of the festive must sees!
Snoopy's Boysenberry Jamboree at the Calico Mine Stage, Pie Eating Contests and country Line Dancing at the Calico Park in Ghost Town and see a short film on Walter and Cordelia Knott at Ghost Town's Town Hall.
* Take Home Boysenberries... well almost. You can purchase a Boysenberry plant for under $20! We did! It comes with instructions on how to care for and grow it to! Let's give it a go.
We had a lot of fun at the Boysenberry Festival at Knott's Berry Farm. Thank you for having us out.. we had so much fun and left overs on our tasting cards (it's a lot of food) we will have to go back for more Berry fun!
Have you been to the Boysenberry Festival? What's your favorite eat, sweet treat or drink? They Have Boysenberry Beef Jerky now too... always something new!
Top Favs: We loved the Boysenberry Panna Cotta ...
....and the Ravioli so much... left us wanting more...
See you soon Knott's Berry Farm!
The Boysenberry Festival is included with admission to Knott's Berry Farm, extra costs for tastings, with extended hours of 10am to 10pm, get a full day of thrills and eats! All opinions are my own.