Hosting a Tamalada aka Tamale Making Gathering
Don't Stress you can buy all the fixings to make your tamales at home or you can just buy amazingly tasty tamales... both made possible by our fave El Gallo Giro.
You can make it a friends and family thing or just make some tamales yourself, it really is calming and fun. For me it became an effort to make the perfect tamale.
Thanks to El Gallo Giro for sponsoring the delish fixings for our tamalada. All opinions are my own.
My Easy steps and tips..
* get corn husks & soak for 1 hour
* pick and prep a filling for the tamales
* add a salsa for spice or flavor
* fold corn husks
* steam in tamalada pot for 2 hours & check water level every 30 mins to keep from burning
* done when masa peels loosely away from corn husks
Plate, serve with champurado (mexican hot chocolate) & top with salsa & more.
Here is a recap of our tamalada too!