LegoLand and the Newly opened Lego friends Heartlake City
I was invited to join On The Go Oc to visit the park thanks to the generous gift from
Glee Music Academy ( Lake family)
- Prime your child ahead of time where you are going and what to expect. There will be crowds (especially during the peak summer months) there will be noises around the park, there will be lots of walking up and down hills.
- Do a little research on the Legoland's web site for the layout of the park and try to plan out your route/must see's and do's plus rides if it's your first visit.
- The majority of the rides are suited for kids up to 10 years old in my opinion. Best ages to experience would be 4 and up. (my girls first visit was when she was 5 and totally enjoyed it being able to ride the majority of the attractions) she is almost 8 now and high functioning.
- There is a splash pad in Heartlake City for the sensory fix and a Lego build area there as well in the stables.
- With the disability pass your wait times are not guaranteed to be shorter, but they will be! 5-10 minute per ride.
- I would say you can cover the entire park in 5-6 hours on a good day. Choose off peak season times to visit if possible. It can be either really hot at the park or socked in with coastal fog, check weather to know what to wear.
- If your child can still fit in a stroller and is comfortable in one, bring it. It will save on them getting tired and gives them a break from the crowds. They also have strollers for rent inside the park in case you need one. Makes for an easy way to carry your things, snacks and drinks too.
- So inside the park there is a water park (additional admission is required or multi park pass) if your child is like mine and loves the water, it might be a good option. If transitions are an issue, have a plan in place.
- There is also an aquarium at Legoland (again separate admission unless you purchased the multi park pass) it is small in scale but offers some real nice exhibits, easy to navigate and groups are let in at a staggered pace.
Note from OnTheGoOC - Thank you Catheryn and Lali for being our guests and partners in FUN! We had a blast and hope to do it again soon.