Locca Churros & Tea Introduces DIY Boba Kits
South County’s favorite boba shop, Locca Churros & Tea, has good news for boba tea lovers, as they have launched a DIY Premium Boba Kit. The family-friendly activity provides a box with the boba and a variety of tea to make as many as 16 drinks.
Available in-store at Kaleidoscope in Mission Viejo or on Locca’s website for $35 per kit, the “Daily Joy” Boba Kit contains Organic Earl Grey, Organic Matcha, Premium Jasmine Tea, a package of boba/tapioca pearls, and eight boba straws. The “Classic” Kit contains organic black tea, organic earl grey lavender tea, and premium jasmine tea. These three tea variants contain caffeine.
Boba lovers can make their own milk tea by brewing one of the teas in the DIY kit, then adding milk, whether it is oat milk, lactose-free milk, almond milk, or regular milk. The sweetness can be adjusted to personal taste and one can add as little or as much tapioca pearls/boba as they like.
Locca’s Premium DIY bubble tea kit, hand assembled in California, makes a great birthday gift for a tea or boba lover, and fun back to school activity for families. The kits include:
- 6 Boba/Tapioca Pearls (400g/14oz) (10 servings, vacuum sealed for absolute freshness)
- Organic Black Tea (42g/1.4oz)
- Organic Earl Grey Lavender Tea (28g/1.0oz)
- Premium Jasmine Tea (25g/0.9oz)
- 8 Premium Black Boba Straws
One kit can make up to 16 drinks. Items and ingredients needed with Locca’s boba kit:
- Small pot for cooking the boba/tapioca pearls
- Colander (to strain and rinse boba balls)
- White cane sugar (for sugar syrup) or any preferred sweetener
- Milk, any preferred kind including regular, lactose free, oat or almond
- Tea Strainer
Locca Churros & Tea is open 11:30am to 9pm Monday through Saturday and 11:30am to 8pm on Sundays. Locca is in Union Market on the upper level of Kaleidoscope at 27741 Crown Valley Pkwy., just off the 5 Fwy., in Mission Viejo. For more information, visit www.thelocca.com.