Thursday, November 18, 2021
Wednesday, November 10, 2021
Sesame Place San Diego has some news today!
How fitting that their updates come on this day too...
Today – aka Sesame Street Day – marks the 52nd anniversary of Sesame Street’s television debut on Nov. 10, 1969.
To celebrate, Sesame Place San Diego – an exciting, family friendly theme park modeled after the pioneering series – announced that its first location on the West Coast has reached a construction milestone with all Sesame Street-themed rides that twist, turn and swirl nearing completion!
The park is set to open March 2022 and will feature an interactive Sesame Street Neighborhood, complete with the iconic 123 Stoop, kids can play in a world that plays back through immersive physical and digital character experiences.
The 17-acre park will also open as a Certified Autism Center (CSA) allowing parents to plan activities that satisfy their child’s specific needs and accommodations.
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: SEAS), a leading theme park and entertainment company, and Sesame Workshop, the nonprofit educational organization behind Sesame Street®, today celebrated the day Sesame Street debuted on television and introduced us to our favorite furry characters that showed us that education can be fun, with the announcement of the new rides near completion at the highly anticipated Sesame Place San Diego park opening in March 2022. The new 17-acre park will be the second Sesame Place location in the country and the first located on the West Coast. Perfect for families and kids of all ages, Sesame Street-themed attractions and rides that twist, turn, and swirl will include:
· Elmo’s Rockin’ Rockets let kids hop in one of Elmo’s rocket ships as they fly up, down, and all around on an imaginary trip through outer space
· Sunny Day Carousel, a cute, colorful, classic ride that’s perfect for all ages
· Cookie Climb puts kids in a cloud of cookie crumbs as they pull themselves to the top of Cookie Monster-themed towers and hang on tight for a giggling ride back down
· Abby’s Fairy Flight, a family swing ride themed after everyone’s favorite fairy-in-training
· Rosita’s Harmony Hills lets kids of all ages climb, crawl, and create beautiful ‘música’ as they play on the rolling green hillsides
· Rub-A-Dub Sub invites kids to buckle up and get ready for a bubbly adventure aboard Ernie’s toy submarine; the S.S. Duckie goes around and around both forward and backward, bringing smiles to everyone on board
· Sesame Street Soar & Spin lets guests choose their favorite furry friend’s balloon and go up high for a bird’s-eye view of the park
· Super Grover’s Box Car Derby is a family-friendly coaster full of fun hills, big turns, and mini-dives
The park features an interactive Sesame Street Neighborhood complete with the iconic 123 Stoop, where kids can play in a world that plays back through immersive physical and digital character experiences. Looking forward to the summer months ahead, guests will be able to splash through 11 reimagined water attractions including a 500,000-gallon wave pool – one of the largest in Southern California – opening Memorial Day weekend.
Guests will have exciting ways to engage with Sesame Street characters, including a live character show, an award-winning daily parade, one-of-a-kind photo opportunities, and hugs from everyone’s favorite furry friends. In addition to ongoing park offerings, the park will open with a full lineup of exciting family-friendly events and seasonal celebrations throughout the year.
“We’re thrilled with the progress of the much-anticipated Sesame Place San Diego, where families will experience a unique and powerful way to engage with their favorite characters and brand,” said Steve Youngwood, Chief Executive Officer, Sesame Workshop. “Those deep connections drive everything we do at Sesame Workshop and help deliver educational benefits to children around the world.”
Certified Autism Center
Sesame Place San Diego will open as a Certified Autism Center (CAC) as designated by the International Board of Credentialing and Continuing Education Standards (IBCCES). Sesame Place San Diego will mirror Sesame Place Philadelphia, which was the first theme park in the world to achieve this designation. Staff-wide autism sensitivity and awareness training will be completed prior to the park’s debut, and robust pre-visit planning resources, including a park-specific sensory guide will be featured on its website, making it easier for parents to plan activities that satisfy their child’s specific needs and accommodations. Designated quiet spaces with comfortable seating will be incorporated into the park’s design.
Conveniently Located, Open Year Round
Sesame Place San Diego is conveniently located in Chula Vista, within minutes of downtown San Diego, or a short-day trip from Los Angeles. The park will be open year-round with water attractions offered seasonally. Parents and children will soon be able to share in the fun, laughter, and learning of Sesame Street through whirling rides, splashy water slides, exciting shows, an award-winning parade, an interactive neighborhood, seasonal events, and more.
“San Diego is a premiere tourist destination and Sesame Place is the perfect place for families looking to learn and play on the West Coast,” said Marc Swanson, Chief Executive Officer of SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Inc. “We’re excited that our Sesame Street friends are coming to San Diego and are eager to give locals a fun new experience, as well as provide tourists another great reason to visit San Diego.”
Guests can purchase 2022 Season Passes to Sesame Place San Diego with the best savings at a low price prior to the park opening. Starting at $12/month, those who take advantage of the introductory prices will be the first to receive news and information about Sesame Place San Diego’s opening date and be invited to a special opening day event. All Season Pass holders will receive unlimited visits with no blockout dates, free parking, free guest tickets, plus access to all seasonal events and discounts on tickets, merchandise, ride again privileges, and more.*
For fans who want to visit Sesame Place AND SeaWorld San Diego, they can add SeaWorld to their Sesame Place Season Pass for unlimited visits to both parks starting at only an additional $7/month. For more information and to purchase Season Passes visit https://sesameplace.com/san-
We can not wait!
Tuesday, November 9, 2021
Shopping Center Outlines Contactless Santa Visits and COVID-Safe Holiday Season Cleaning Protocols
Santa will be available for visits and professional photos daily beginning Thursday, November 18th, through Christmas Eve, December 24th. Santa’s hours will vary; to see his schedule, visit www.ShopMainPlaceMall.com/
Santa’s arrival celebration will take place on Friday, November 19th, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. During the celebration in Center Court, the event will also feature children’s activities, giveaways and music. Escalated cleaning and safe-distancing protocols will be followed, and guests are asked to observe all state and local healthcare regulations; masks are encouraged.
After Santa has arrived in his new home, visits with Santa will begin with a walk through the new interactive “The Elf on the Shelf: Santa’s Magical Photo Adventure” set. After they work their way through the captivating and entertaining set, children will be able to talk with Santa to share their holiday wish lists. For photos, guests will have the option of sitting with Santa or taking photos with 6 feet of social distance; for socially distanced photos, each picture will be professionally staged to minimize the visibility of that distance.
To reduce overall wait times and promote social distancing and contactless payment for the Santa photo opportunity, families are strongly encouraged to make a reservation in advance of their visit at https://bit.ly/3p804kA. While strongly encouraged, a reservation is not required, and walk-up visits will be accommodated on a space-available basis. In addition to paid professional photos, the new “The Elf on the Shelf: Santa’s Magical Photo Adventure” holiday experience will also include a variety of no-cost selfie opportunities.
COVID-Safe Cleaning Protocols
Holiday shopping means more people will be visiting MainPlace Mall. As a result, the shopping center has increased its cleaning protocols via a third-party professional cleaning organization that is well versed in curbing the spread of viral outbreaks in malls and other public places.
- Cool Yule Celebration: A very special Santa’s arrival celebration will take place at Pacific City from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Black Friday. During this “Cool Yule Celebration,” children and their families can take photos with Santa on the Ocean Deck as well as selfies in front of a customized retro-themed cut-out in Lot 579 featuring Santa and his helpers posing with a surfboard in front of the Huntington Beach pier. Throughout the event, there will be a holiday-themed kids craft where children can make jingle bell necklaces, face painting, a hot cocoa station, and performances by the Huntington Beach Academy for the Performing Arts Surf City Singers (two shows), the Orange County Song & Dance Company, and a special TubaChristmas performance presented by the Huntington Beach TubaChristmas Committee. Renowned children’s book author Kim Ann will hold a book reading and sign copies of her books from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. at Pacific City’s Little Free Library, the Reading Reef. From 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., the YuleTones, a contemporary pop a cappella group, will sing holiday favorites around the Christmas tree. The event will also feature free all-day parking for a stress-free Black Friday shopping and dining experience. The Cool Yule Celebration is free and open to the public; to register to attend, visit: https://bit.ly/PCcoolyule21.
- Photos with Santa: Visitors who want a new twist to their coveted holiday photos with Santa will enjoy the experience of visiting Old St. Nick on the porch of his beachside Airstream travel trailer located on the Ocean Deck at Pacific City this year. Santa will be available for visits and professional photos daily from Black Friday through Christmas Eve, December 24th. Santa’s hours will be: Monday through Thursday: Noon to 6 p.m. (with a break from 3 p.m. - 4 p.m.); Friday and Saturday: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. (with a break from 3 p.m. - 4 p.m.); and Sunday: Noon to 6 p.m. (with a break from 3 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.). On Christmas Eve, Santa’s hours will be 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. (with a break from 1 p.m. - 1:45 p.m.). Photo package prices begin at $39.99. To reduce overall wait times and promote social distancing and contactless payment, families are strongly encouraged to make a reservation in advance of their visit at https://bit.ly/3j38XYz. While strongly encouraged, a reservation is not required, and walk-up visits will be accommodated on a space-available basis.
- Live Musical Performances: From Black Friday weekend through Christmas Eve, Pacific City shoppers will enjoy a number of live musical performances at various locations throughout the center. From 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. on four Saturdays (November 26th, December 4th, December 11th, and December 18th), the YuleTones, a contemporary pop a cappella group, will sing holiday favorites around the Christmas tree. On four Sundays (November 28th, December 5th, December 12th, December 19th), from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., Cara LaGreen, jazz aficionado, will share her singing talents in Lot 579. And on Christmas Eve, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., A Little Dickens Christmas carolers will share their incredible voices as they gather around the Christmas tree for an afternoon of heartwarming entertainment. These performances are free and open to the public; no pre-registration is required.
- So much more including a Santa Pet Night. All the deets here.
- All-New Santa’s Circus Show, an interactive and captivating show for the entire family
- Picturesque evenings with snowfall and snowflakes in Jingle Bell Square
- SeaWorld’s famous fireworks display with festive colors and brilliant pyrotechnics
- 30-foot sparkling Christmas tree programmed to popular Christmas songs
I really want to visit Santa's Cottage!!
SeaWorld San Diego is bringing holiday cheer and traditions to families this holiday season at its annual Christmas Celebrationwith ALL-NEW entertainment and offerings including a Christmas cirque show, an entertaining Sesame Street show full of song and dance, a winter wonderland of snowfall, and an all-new musical and twinkling 30-foot Christmas tree.
Holiday celebrations, including Hanukkah and Kwanzaa festivities, are running on select dates November 12 through January 2, 2022. With lights spread over 100 acres of expansive open-air grounds and eye-catching displays including the iconic 320-foot Skytower Tree of Lights and holiday fireworks, guests can fill their days and evenings with new performances and activities including:
- Santa's Circus Show - The magic of Christmas will come alive at Santa’s Circus, an interactive family-friendly show with breathtaking stunts, illusion, comedy, and everything people love about Christmas.
- Snowfall in Jingle Bell Square – Experience a white Christmas south of the North Pole to see a snowfall and a chance to catch a few flakes in your hands.
- Elmo's Christmas Wish Show - Join Cookie Monster, Rosita, Grover, and Zoe as they help Elmo find his Christmas wish at this all-new show at SeaWorld San Diego! Families are sure to be singing and dancing along while watching this fun holiday show.
- Holiday Lights & Magic - Explore the magic and wonder of SeaWorld’s beautifully decorated outdoor park grounds an all-new 30 ft. Christmas tree with thousands of twinkling lights and over eight Christmas songs programmed to the movement of multiple lighting designs.
Guests can renew holiday traditions by visiting Santa’s Cottage for an opportunity to share their Christmas wishes with Santa and gather around as Mrs. Claus reads a storybook to kids of all ages. Plus, everyone’s favorite reindeer is nearby at Rudolph's Christmastown where Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer™ will make spirits bright with a photo to take home and cherish. Other popular returning fun includes:
- Holiday Fireworks - There’s nothing like seeing the sky above SeaWorld light up with festive colors and brilliant pyrotechnics! Don’t miss the thrilling spectacle of this special holiday fireworks display, showing on select nights in November and December.
- Clyde and Seamore’s Christmas Special – A guest favorite animal presentation has a new holiday twist. Guests can see their favorite sea lions with a touch of yuletide flair.
- Sesame Street Christmas Village - Oh what fun it is to gather with family and friends at the Sesame Street® Christmas Village. Here, treetops glisten with twinkling lights and families can enjoy photo opportunities with everyone’s favorite furry friends in their festive holiday attire.
- Holiday Brunch with Elmo and Friends - Join your favorite Sesame Street friends for a fun-filled holiday feast. The whole family will enjoy the tasty menu options while Elmo and friends dance, sing, and mingle with guests for hugs and photos.
- Christmas Cookies with Cookie Monster - C is for Cookies... and CHRISTMAS! Celebrate the Christmas season by decorating cookies and grooving to holiday songs with Cookie Monster and friends.
- Holiday Cocktails, Craft Beer, Hot Chocolate & More - Grown-ups will want to get even more festive with an ice-cold brew, a glass of wine or one of SeaWorld’s specialty holiday cocktails. Or for the whole family, experience SeaWorld’s famous hot chocolate with candy toppings.
- Reindeer Round-Up Scavenger Hunt – Get started on a merry quest with a Reindeer Round-Up Map! Explore the park to find all of Santa’s beloved reindeer and mark each location on your map to collect a special gift
Tuesday, November 2, 2021
It's the Merriest Time of the Year at Knott's Berry Farm
Knott's Merry Farm Returns with Holiday Favorites to Celebrate the Season
Experience the Joyous Season with Magical Decor, Charming Holiday Shows and so much more!
My mama loved spending time in the craft village and walking around enjoying the music & lights of Calico.
It's important to us to keep those traditions alive and even enjoy those moments now with my dad. We can't wait to take Papou to Merry Farm for another seasonal family favorite at Knott's Berry Farm.
Hot off the Berry press....
Beginning November 19 through January 2, guests can enjoy the holidays at Knott's Merry Farm with a complete park transformation into a classic winter wonderland featuring a landscape of thousands of twinkling lights, miles of themed garland, jumbo snowflakes, and a variety of picturesque seasonal settings. This year, the park brings back all your holiday favorites with Christmas shows like Home for the Holidays, a musical revue featuring classic seasonal tunes, outstanding performers, holiday lights and magical dancing toys, and the beloved ice show starring the famous beagle, the Peanuts Gang, and a cast of world-class ice skaters in Merry Christmas, Snoopy!, offering experiences for park-goers of all ages. With lively shows, beautiful holiday décor, and delicious holiday treats, Knott's Merry Farm is sure to create lasting holiday memories for the whole family.
Celebrate the most wonderful time of the year with all your beloved, festive favorites that can only be found at Knott's Merry Farm:
- Festive yuletide cheer is in store at Knott's Merry Farm with Home for the Holidays, where joyous merriment takes over the Calico Mine Stage with dancing and fun set to popular holiday tunes. Guests will be swept into a magical scene of an old-fashioned winter wonderland and celebrate timeless traditions.
- Snoopy, the Peanuts, and a cast of world-class ice skaters return this holiday season to perform in the spectacular ice show, Merry Christmas, Snoopy! in the Walter Knott Theater. During the show, filled with whimsy and stunning skating, Snoopy enjoys all the best parts of the season, including trimming the Christmas tree, awaiting Santa's arrival, and attending the festive Christmas Ball! Performances are available on select dates during Knott's Merry Farm.
- In the intimate setting of Ghost Town's historic Bird Cage Theatre, Knott's melodrama company brings to life Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol and Marley's Wings. In Marley's Wings, the Ghost of Jacob Marley returns in a holiday musical that is destined to become a classic! The Bird Cage piano will come alive with great new songs like "Raise the Rafters," "Christmas in Heaven," and "The Bah Hum Bug," to name a few. Marley is on a mission! Performances are available on select dates during Knott's Merry Farm.
- The holiday season celebration continues at the Camp Snoopy Theatre with A Peanuts Guide to Christmas. The PEANUTS Gang offer their take and unique wisdom on surviving the holidays while singing a mashup of their favorite holiday tunes. After the show, head right over to the Peanuts Meet and Greet area to capture a lasting holiday memory with your favorite character!
- Be transported back in time to a Victorian Christmas by the Calico Carolers, Knott's own vocal quartet, as they perform the songs of the season throughout the streets of Ghost Town. Or travel to Calico Park for a soulful serenade of Christmas classics by acapella group, The Sleigh bells. You can also always grab a seat (and a plate!) at Fireman's BBQ, where our legendary Bluegrass Duo takes the stage with a variety of classic bluegrass hits and old favorites, our Duo will have your toes tappin' and your hands clappin'!
- Swing in the season at Boardwalk Ballroom! The dance floor is open as the best swing bands around put their own spin on the season at the Tinsel Top Club. Or head over to the Boardwalk to experience the Rockin’ Reindeer, a musical duo who are the key to the season and a great way to enhance a wonderful meal at Boardwalk BBQ!
- Join Krazy Kirk and the Hillbillies for a foot stompin’, down home dose of Christmas cheer the only way they know how – with energetic music and comedy for the whole family! You won’t be able sit still when these talented musicians hit the stage at Wagon Camp! Or grab a seat for a South of the Border Show filled with rich history, tradition and the spirit of the season. Traditional mariachi is the name of the game at the Fiesta Plaza Stage with the Mariachi Angelitas.
- Join 1950's radio personalities Wayne Deer and Ginger Snaps as they present their annual Christmas broadcast from the KNOT studio in the heart of the Boardwalk. This hilarious duo does it all, from spinning records to taking requests. And keep an ear out for some important Christmas commercials.
- Everyone's favorite time of the year in Ghost Town is when Wilderness Dance Hall joyously transforms into Santa's Christmas Cabin, where the entire family can create fond memories by taking photos with Santa Claus and his friends. It's also home to an array of holiday treats, including freshly baked cookies, delectable pastries and seasonal drinks such as gourmet hot chocolate with marshmallows or a cold glass of milk, perfect for dunking your cookie in.
- Mrs. Claus is back in the North Pole managing the elves as they get ready to deliver toys to all the good boys and girls. She has left her trusty bakers in charge at Mrs. Claus' Kitchen. Kids can help decorate one of Mrs. Claus' delicious cookies for a small nominal fee and bring home their delightful creations.
- Even more delicious holiday dishes and one-of-a-kind treats can be found throughout Knott's Merry Farm. Guests can indulge in traditional holiday classics with a twist, including a Merry Farm favorite, crispy breaded turkey bites filled with perfectly seasoned stuffing and sweet cranberry sauce or funnel cake topped with pumpkin pie flavors and maple syrup sauce. Holiday favorites are also in-store with apple pie spiced loaves, tasty gingerbread cookies and delectable chocolate and cranberry flavored macarons in our bakery locations.
- Every night during Merry Farm, when the sun sets, the park comes alive as the lights of the season brighten the night and kick off a night filled with memories for the whole family! In Ghost Town, a magical Snow and Glow experience takes place that fills the buildings and paths with thousands of lights dancing to the beat of Christmas music while snow gently falls in a spectacular one-of-a-kind moment to share with loved ones.
- Knott's Christmas Crafts Village is back with dozens of local artisans selling their unique gifts, including chainsaw wood carvings and elegant glass blowing. You are sure to find a gift for everyone on your list this season!
The perfect stocking stuffer is now on sale. A new 2022 Season Pass includes unlimited visits thru December 17, this year plus all of 2022, discounts on select food and merchandise, and access to exciting year-round seasonal events. A Regular Season Pass includes admission to Knott's Berry Farm and a Gold Season Pass includes admission to both Knott's Berry Farm and Knott's Soak City Waterpark. Pricing and more information available at knotts.com
For more information about Knott's Merry Farm, please visit knotts.com or download the Knott's Berry Farm app for your smartphone. Join the festive conversation using the holiday hashtag #MerryFarm.