OC Mom of 2 amazing kids & 2 furbabies! Inspired to keep positive, cook, travel, be adventurous & have fun doing it all.
I love to keep up with and share all activities, Autism friendly, educational and social things to do in OC & beyond. So let's get OnTheGo !
White Cane Safety Day celebrates the independence and ability of people who are visually impaired. Children will learn about white cane safety as well as experience some of the challenges that children with visual impairments experience. Activities and events will give your little ones a whole new appreciation for creative ways to “see” the world when your sight is impaired!
Thursday, October 22: Read for the Record Celebrates Not Norman: A Goldfish Story
Time: All Day
Specifically for: Children of All Ages
Today, people across the country will unite to read the children’s book Not Norman: A Goldfish Story, written by Kelly Bennett and illustrated by Noah Z. Jones. A humorous tale about a child who finds a new friend in an unexpected place. In support of Jumpstart’s mission to work toward the day every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed, Pretend City will facilitate a variety of activities centered on this amusing story.
· Creating your own Sensory Fish Tank (after the 11:00 reading)
· Not so Norman sequencing snack (after the 1:00 reading)
· Scavenger Hunt for Norman! (after the 3:00 reading)
With the chance to dress up in costume and stock up on sweets, Halloween is the highlight of the year for many children. But since its high season for candy, it can also be a frustrating time for parents who encourage kids to eat healthy foods and make sweets a limited part of a balanced and nutritious diet. Not to fear, Serving Kids Hope is here! Serving Kids Hope team will join us to share fun activities, tips and tricks to help encourage your children to stay healthy this Halloween!
October 31st - 10a to 4p: Trick-Or-Treat Through the City
Time: 10:00a.m. – 4:00p.m.
A.M. activities: Kiosk Café, Music & Movement (morning times may vary)
P.M. activities: Kiosk Café, “Good To Go” Game (afternoon times may vary)
Specifically for: Children of all ages
Little ghouls and boys will have a howling good time at our Halloween Bug Bash! There’s something for every little trick-or-treater – even those of the two legged variety. Come dressed to thrill in our creepy creaky critter city:
- Music & Movement: Monster Moves – Disco Dracula is ready to dance! These creepy, kooky and totally jammin' tunes will have children of all ages moving and grooving!
- Symbols in a Second: Spooky Snacks – This year make sure your Halloween is a healthy one. Children will love these adorable, sometimes-scary, no-bake healthy Halloween treats that represent symbols of the season.
- Sensational Story time: Halloween Bugs – Behind each spooky door lurks a different bug! There's the silly, the spooky, the scary, and everything in between during these story times. No tricks here — only treats!
Creep and crawl your way through the city as you trick-or-treat at each of our exhibit spaces every 2 hours. This party is bound to go off with a scream! Members Trick or treating 9:45. General admission Trick or treating time 12:00, 2:00 and 4:00.