Lunar New Year - The Year of The ROOSTER
Always a beautiful cultural display, the events of Lunar New Year, are one of my most recent favorites to explore!
Here is a beginners list to see and start to experience the amazement and culture that comes with Lunar New Year:
* Pretend City Lunar New Year Celebration - +Pretend City Children's Museum January 28th 11am to 3pm
* OC Metrolink to Golden Dragon Parade Saturday Feb 4th
Catch a FREE Ride to LA's Golden Dragon Parade
On February 4, celebrate Lunar New Year by visiting the 118th Annual Golden Dragon Parade and Festival in Los Angeles. Ride Metrolink free two ways!
Get Two Free Tickets Online Enter the sweepstakes by this Friday, January 20 for a chance to win two round-trip tickets. Winners will be selected January 25. Enter the sweepstakes.
Get a Free Ticket at the Kick-off Event Before the parade, attend a fun event at the Irvine Metrolink Station on February 4. Be one of the first 100 attendees and get a free round-trip ticket (first come, first served). Click HERE to learn more about this event.
* Something New? Well for me YES - I have been told that the Hsi Lai Temple has the most wonderful Lunar New Year displays and events.
You can find all the info HERE. From what I can see, the education and the floral alone are worth the visit. Have you been? Please let me know what not to miss!
Lunar New Year Festivities kick off January 20th and continue through Feb 5th at the Happiest Place. Follow along as we take a few trips to the Magic and bring you live fun too with in the next few weeks!
* Oshogatsu Family Festival Ring in the Year of the Rooster with New Year-themed performances and crafts.
Featured activities include demonstrations of the ancient art of candy sculpting, sample bowls of lucky zaru soba for kids, a performance by Los Angeles-based TAIKOPROJECT, and a mochitsuki (rice pounding) demonstration.
When: Jan. 8, 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
Where: Japanese American National Museum, 100 North Central Avenue, Los Angeles
* Tet Festival The Union of Vietnamese Student Associations of Southern California presents its 36th annual event celebrating the lunar year.
Attractions include the Miss Vietnam of Southern California Pageant, music and dance performances, food vendors and games.
When: Jan. 27, 4-10 p.m.; Jan. 28, 11 a.m.-10 p.m.; Jan. 29, 11 a.m.-9 p.m.
Where: OC Fair & Event Center, 88 Fair Drive, Costa Mesa
* Asian Pacific Lunar New Year Festival -Traditional Asian music, taiko drums, dance performances, art displays, martial arts demonstrations and Asian cultural displays highlight the annual lunar festival, which opens with a parade of nations at 10 a.m. In the evening, the closing ceremony includes a fireworks display ringing in the Lunar New Year.
When: Jan. 28
Where: Downtown Riverside
When: Jan. 28, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Where: San Gabriel Mission District, 320 S. Mission Drive, San Gabriel
Do you have a fav festival that I can add to the list of must visit, or have to experience. Please let me know and I will add it in!