Wednesday, March 6, 2019
Momcation Getaway to Lindhaven 70's Cabin with Experience Idyllwild #ExperienceIdyllwild #CHMTravel
We love to visit and stay with Experience Idyllwild cabin rentals. Each cabin is unique and different to it's own yet perfect for a getaway in the southern California mountains.
Idyllwild... It's a sweet little gem of a spot under 2 hours away from Orange County, Los Angeles, San Diego Counties and it's pretty much nestled in a quaint little spot in the San Bernardino mountains.
A town that hasn't changed over 40 years to me and one we've visited seasonally year round as a family.
This was our first moms trip up no kids and we loved Lindhaven, the 70s style cabin we stayed in!
Thanks to Experience Idyllwild for the cabin stay and ConnectHer Media Travel for the visit.. all opinions are my own.
Lindhaven 70's Cabin Retreat
Just about 1.5 miles to town center Lindhaven is beautiful!!
This sweet retro cabin sleeps 4 to 7 in my opinion maybe more. There's 3 rooms.
The first bedroom has a single bed and bunk beds.. sleeps 3.
The second bedroom has a queen bed, sleeps two, bring the family...
The third master bedroom with half bath has a king bed that can sleep 2 or more... bring friends too!
There's a full bath down the hall with a lovely shower.
The living room is spacious and ready to entertain.
We loved the amazingly styled kitchen that is original to the cabin. I love knowing I can cook while we are at the cabin or head into town to support local business too.
A true homey feeling of comfort and excitement really to be in such a lovely cabin with so much history to its roots in Idyllwild. Enjoyed breakfast with a snow white view...
As all of our visits thus far, we've enjoyed the feeling of home away from home, with everything we may need to enjoy the fresh outdoors of cabin life.
The property is amazing. Sitting next to creeks and bridges that you fan explore there is much to do with family or a girls trip.
We did a fun photo shoot with the moms at the cabin and had so much fun laughing and dressing up into some retro gear ourselves.
Can not forget about the amazing Jeep that kept us safe and well traveled up in the mountains!
More on that beautiful ride here.
My tips and highlights...
* bring what you may need if you were going somewhere that had what you have at home. There's a coded maker with filters, full kitchen with plates, bowls and utensils. There is also cookware on hand.
* find the popcorn and hot cocoa... they always leave a treat to have.
* take the mint chapstick.. its devine and you will need it in the sun or snow.
* the beds are so comfy and tjeres e tra blankets and pillows too.
* explore the surroundings.. theres always some cute animal life and a nut jar hint hint... head into town
* write in the guest book.. they love to hear your thoughts and it's fun to read the tips and experiences of others before you.
* tip for kids.. if you need to have a show or watch something for a break there is a TV with streaming but... there's also a few sleds and a lot of books and board games for family too in the first bedroom. So fun!
* enjoy a moment. This retro style 70s cabin is so unique it's fun just to walk into each room, sit for a moment and enjoy the beauty of it's story.
Find out more about this cabin and more at www.experienceidyllwild.com .
Also search my blog for Idyllwild and find out more about what to do in town and the other cabins we've reviewed.
Plan a winter trip now or get ready for Spring Break!