Spring-a-Palooza Is In the Air at Great Wolf LodgeAlways a HOWLING good time at Great Wolf Lodge in SoCal!
Before we get into the deets on the Spring Break fun, I wanted to share some tips from our visit, hope they help in your family fun planning.
Great Wolf Lodge Family Fun Tips:
* We stayed one night and two days - Honestly I would have loved to stay 2 nights and 3 days. There is so much offered as part of your stay in addition to the water park play, that you really need just that extra time to soak it all in, I mean who wants to miss the evening story time or the morning yoga? So much more too! I would have loved to take it a bit slower to really do all we could at no extra cost. There is always something going on or being celebrated to take part in too!
* Cabana Rental - I know this sounds silly since you may have a room on site but some just need that extra quiet or comfort zone for quick breaks. For Cabana in the action of it all I would suggest one in the main area or toddler area so that small and big can be seen and play. For a quieter moment for sensory breaks (we need those at times with my sons ASD) the outdoor cabanas are perfect and less of a crowd too. Not to mention they are cozy and private too.
* Autism Friendly - There are lifeguards all over and attentive... thank goodness since I am on top of it but my boy is all over the place at times. He just enjoys life and wants to run wild with everyone and everything. He actually needed First Aide and they took the best care of his scrape and he was ready to play again a few hours later after a snack. At 5yo he LOVED everything about Great Wolf Lodge. He was able to take it at his own pace with smaller water rides as well as keep the life vest tat is provided if needed on hand all day. Mikey really enjoyed the outdoor pool ply area as well as the family tubing. We loved that too. It's fun to have your kids watch you scream laugh... yes that's what I do!
* Staff - The Team at GWL is amazingly friendly and very customer service savvy! Everyone wants to see you having fun safely. I loved how sweet everyone was to the kids all over the water park with patience and empathy to the indoor arcade friendliness. Great training on your staff GWL. SO great that my brother in law has an interview to Lifeguard there... good luck Richie!
* Girl Time - This is where that third day would have been great. First two days do all there is for family fun and even relax and take it slow. But... I would like to try the Salon on our last day on our way out so that my daughter and I can really feel refreshed and bond over nails for a bit. How cute and fun!
There really is so much to do and a lot of family entertainment to be had at Great Wolf Lodge. My husband agreed we needed more time, he didn't want to leave either!! Win Win! Local Staycation Perfection for us.
Okay enough about our visit, below are all the details about the upcoming Howling Fun of Springapalooza!!
Hot Off The Press Friends....
The popular spring-themed celebration receives new enhancements for 2017 season! SPRINGAPALOOZA
Spring-a-Palooza is Great Wolf Lodge’s celebration of everything spring, and the Grand Lobby at the resort is Spring-a-Palooza central. Here guests will find colorful spring decorations throughout, including a special Great Wolf Lodge character-themed garden for children to explore.
During the five-week Spring-a-Palooza engagement, Great Wolf Lodge will offer additional entertainment options for guests to enjoy, with special spring-inspired activities and events taking place daily. Some of the scheduled events include:
· Spring Picnic: A time-honored spring tradition gets a Great Wolf twist, as guests can grab a blanket, spread it out on the floor and enjoy an afternoon picnic in the Grand Lobby. Guests can sip complimentary Minute Maid beverage available from the Great Wolf Lodge character-themed Lemonade Stand and play a few rounds of “Take A Wiley Guess” card game.
· Bubble Dance Party: This special Spring-a-Palooza event fills the Grand Lobby with cascading bubbles while Great Wolf Lodge’s Ambassadors of Fun keep energy-levels high with a family-friendly dance party.
· Spring-a-Palooza Story Time: Great Wolf Lodge’s nightly Story Time takes on a spring theme with a new tale featuring the Great Wolf Lodge characters called “Natural Wonders.” Kids are encouraged to wear their favorite jammies to the Grand Lobby for this event and will have the opportunity to meet one of the Great Wolf Lodge characters in person.
· Spring Scavenger Hunts: Great Wolf Lodge will introduce two self-guided scavenger hunts as part of Spring-a-Palooza. The “I Spy Spring” scavenger hunt will have guests looking high and low in the Grand Lobby to find a dozen hidden objects and claim a prize. The “Spring Sprint” scavenger hunt has guests solving clues that will take them on a journey throughout the lodge. When all 10 clues are solved, guests are rewarded with a prize.
· Character Themed Flower Gardens: A highlight of the Spring-a-Palooza celebration is the colorful springtime gardens found in the Grand Lobby. The gardens are designed and hand-crafted by Pack Members from the resort. Surrounded by a fence, the collection of flower pots are inspired by the Great Wolf Lodge characters. Guests are encourage to stroll around the garden and vote for their favorite display.
· Jelly Bean Guessing Game: A gigantic jar filled to the brim with jelly bean candies sits in the Grand Lobby and guests are invited to enter a contest guessing how many delicious treats are within the jar. The guests closest to the correct number without going over will be entered for a chance to win a Great Wolf Lodge Gift Card.
· Spring Themed Crafts: During Spring-a-Palooza, the resort’s Ambassadors of Fun will host several spring-inspired craft making events for kids of all ages. Character-themed crafting projects include Oliver’s Crazy About Bugs Jar, Violet’s Springtime Noodle Doodle, Brinley’s Don’t Blow Away Kite and Wiley’s Can You Spot It Binoculars.
Similarly to how entry into the indoor water park is included with an overnight stay at Great Wolf Lodge, all of the Spring-a-Palooza events are also complimentary to guests staying at the resort. A complete listing of daily activities and times can be found in the Lodge Life event schedule provided to guests upon check-in.
I hope you too get to visit Great Wolf Lodge too! If you have been, what was your favorite ting to do or what are you looking forward to doing next time?
Happy Spring Break Planning,
Post a Comment