Wednesday, June 14, 2017
CARS 3 Movie Review & Road to the Races Tour Info!
CARS 3 MOVIE OPENS JUNE 16, 2017
DISNEY·PIXAR’S “CARS 3” ROAD TO THE RACES ROLLS INTO LOS ANGELES JUNE 14 – 18, 2017
Road to the Races, a nationwide tour inviting fans of #95 to gear up for the upcoming big-screen release of Disney•Pixar’s “Cars 3.” Fans will take part in a host of activities and get a sneak peek of the movie.
We had the best time getting a sneak peek at the movie as well as getting up close and personal with some of the cars themselves!
It was a real treat to experience the special Race Tour festivities. My kids loved it and well... so did I! We love CARS and this is the perfect way to kick off even more excitement for the arrival of the new Cars 3 movie in theaters this Friday!
Here are a few fun photos from our visit to the Road to the Races and some deets on the upcoming tour dates... yes there are more tour dates even after the movie hits theaters!
Life-size, character look-alikes of five-time Piston-Cup champion Lightning McQueen and tech-savvy Cruz Ramirez will be rolling into town to celebrate “Cars 3” with local fans.
· Alamo Rent A Car is hosting a street art booth and will bring “Cars 3” to life with a giant coloring mural featuring Lightning McQueen and friends, along with a color pencil pack souvenir. Owned and operated by Enterprise Holdings, Alamo Rent A Car offers low rental rates and a hassle-free customer experience at the most popular travel destinations around the world.
· Coppertone® is creating a racer pit crew that encourages visitors to take part in a tire-changing activity and photo-sharing opportunity. A leader in the sun care industry, Coppertone is made by Bayer HealthCare, LLC.
· Crest® and Oral-B® celebrate the Road to the Races tour, providing fans with an opportunity to create a digital postcard with Lightning McQueen and get “Cars”-themed oral care products. Crest and Oral-B are the first step to enjoying a lifetime of healthy smiles.
· Dole®, the leader in fresh, quality produce, invites visitors to fuel up and recharge their batteries, sample high-octane fruit and vegetable smoothies, collect “Cars 3”-inspired recipes and discover how Dole and Disney are working together to make healthy living fun and easy for families. To see more of Dole’s exciting promotions around summer family fun, visit www.dole.com/Cars3.
· Mattel presents an interactive play area, which sends Lightning McQueen and other racers down the gravity drop and launches them into action in new play sets that feature locations from the movie.
Also on display will be a collection of die cast racers from past and present. Mattel is the leading global childhood development and play company.
Fans will be able to catch a sneak peek of the movie in the Cinetransformer Mobile Movie Theater.
Visitors will also be able to take photos with the life-size character cars.
In addition, the sports national youth program NASCAR Acceleration Nation will display the science behind NASCAR racing, and elements from the NASCAR Hall of Fame will allow attendees to get up close and personal with the history of NASCAR.
Mack Trucks, Inc. will transport the life-size character cars on the coast-to-coast tour.
See the tour and recap video of our visit to the Road to the Races here!
ABOUT THE MOVIE:
We just saw a preview of Cars 3 last night and LOVED it.
The kids and I prepped for it with some crafts and a fun basket of everything Cars!
I can not wait to take the kids back for another showing as well as bring my husband and father who I know will love it as well.
We have been Cars fans since the first movie was released and it was one of the last things my mom gifted to me before she passed away. Cars will always hold a special place in my heart.
From the new beginnings to memorable pat, Cars 3 ties in the story line perfectly to bring us a funny, actions packed, emotional, must see flick!
Here are more deets about the movie itself... happy watching!
"......Blindsided by a new generation of blazing-fast racers, the legendary Lightning McQueen (voice of Owen Wilson) is suddenly pushed out of the sport he loves. To get back in the game, he will need the help of an eager young race technician, Cruz Ramirez (voice of Cristela Alonzo), with her own plan to win, plus inspiration from the late Fabulous Hudson Hornet and a few unexpected turns. Proving that #95 isn’t through yet will test the heart of a champion on Piston Cup Racing’s biggest stage! Directed by Brian Fee (storyboard artist “Cars,” “Cars 2“), produced by Kevin Reher (“A Bug’s Life,” “La Luna” short) and co-produced by Andrea Warren (“LAVA” short), “Cars 3” cruises into theaters on June 16, 2017."
MORE INFORMATION ON ROAD TO THE RACES:
The roster of cities has included Miami, Dallas, Chicago, Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Denver and Los Angeles, among others—the full list is available at CARS3tour.com.
The life-size character cars also roll onto the red carpet for the “Cars 3” world premiere on Saturday, June 10, 2017. The “Road to the Races” nationwide tour wraps up in California with a visit to NASCAR at the Sonoma Raceway June 24-25, 2017.
Title Sponsors Include Alamo Rent A Car SM, Coppertone®,
Crest®/Oral-B®, DOLE® and Mattel
Happy Summer and Racing to the Movies everyone,