We had a BLAST at CHILL !
I was so excited to take my kids for so many reasons but the expectation was so beat by the reality of the actual experience.
I am so sad for ONLY one thing, my husband had to work and missed it. WHY? There was so many FIRSTS for my kids at CHILL, I kind of wish I cold re-live it with him there so he too could see why my heart is so full!
I should start by saying that I was able to take the kids and experience everything on behalf of CHILL. In all honesty it was amazing.
My Kids top 5 favs and must do's:
* ICE SKATING - Special to me in many ways. My daughter went out on her own on the ice for the firs time and loved it. My son, who is on the spectrum does NOT like to do certain things. I was so excited and almost cried a little when I heard him say, "I skate too mama..." THIS WAS A FIRST!! Score!
I immediately got his skates on and a dear friend helped take him around until I got on the ice, he did not want to exit the rink. CHILL has plenty of dolphins to assist in the skating for anyone who needs it. There are specific times of skating so catch it early in the time slot for the fullest time of fun. Makes it much easier for my kiddo to maintain his sensory overload. Lockers available, cool, huh!
|Ice Skating with a little helper!|
There are also "Quiet Areas" of the boat and they are labeled. This made is easy for me to know where to take the kids. Zoe is super quiet but Mikey not so much. Super Autism helper there!
* Polar Express 4D - BOTH of my kids enjoyed every moment of this 4D experience. It was very interactive and the 15 mins were a good representation of the movie and what the Polar Express is all about. It was special for me since my mom used to read the book to me, it was one of her favs and is now one of our traditions. Zoe has seen the movie and read the book and loved the snipit. Mikey has done neither and loved the 4D experience...again super fun for the sensory seeking.
|He left the glasses on!!!!|
Overall the noise level and the crowd was perfect for Mikey and Zoe and that helped me enjoy it all as well.
Oh also, for a little action break to thaw out after the Ice Kingdom...There is also Paintball that is super fun for all ages! We got there a tad bit too late since we got caught up enjoying the live music and spending some extra time on the boat but will try it if we go back with the hubs!
What to make sure you check some extra fun for all:
* Santa - His house is cozy and sweet and waiting to give a treat.
* Gingerbread House Making - We were not able to do this but if we return we will totally make one together. They were not quite ready for us and we returned too late in the evening.
* Variety of Foods too from Chicken, Brats to sweet treats too!
|Fresh and Good|
Thank you to the Queen Mary and CHILL for such a wonderful time full of many first for my kids!
Right now you can still get discounts for CHILL - Use code BLACKFRIDAY for 50% off tickets on select nights NOW!
Any questions on any specifics? Just let me know and I will let you know how it went for me, mom of 2, one on and one off the autism spectrum. It was perfect for all of us and we were all able to have the best night kicking off winter fun in SoCal.
**HOT TIP** - We thought we would need to bring up the Fast Lane pass... I would check it out and see on the timing that you go the crowds as well. If it gets too much, check it out at that time. We did not need it and we went opening night! There is so much to do and so much space for everyone to do it in. Happy Holidays everyone!
+The Queen Mary