Tuesday, October 13, 2015
Halloween DYI Crafting Fun
I love crafts that we can do together. My kids like to make a mess and I like to let them.
Last Saturday we spent a few hours of down time crafting.
It was really fun to let the kids get creative with bright colors.
Here is a step by step to make a colorful pumpkin wreath and a mini pumpkin!
* Cut your shapes from cardboard, we used an old water bottle case box.
* We used the cut out from the circle used for the pumpkin as a mini pumpkin.
* Scrunch tissue paper, the color of your choice and stick with glue or double sided tape like we did.
* Paint your second craft - the pumpkin. After it dries a bit then add the layered curved lines in with more coats of paint to give the pumpkin look to it.
* add any accessories to your crafts - we added tissue paper to the tops of both pumpkin wreath and mini so that the stem was more vibrant & stands out.
We got the tissue paper our of our bag of gift bags and tissue paper stash and we used tempra paints that my kids paint with.
We taped a little piece of string to the back and looped it so that it would hang.
Have fun with it!
If you craft up some fall fun I would love to see it. Please share on my FB or comments below.
@irvineparkrailroad @michaelsstores #madewithmichaels #diy #crafty #craftitup #wreath #halloween #decor #decoration #halloweencolors #fallfun #fall #beattheheat #tissuepaper #doublesidedtape #cute #fun